The sixth edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching offers new ways of viewing and teaching second language acquisition (SLA) based on the latest research. Providing a comprehensive overview of the theoretical viewpoints that have shaped language teaching today, the text explains the pedagogical relevance of SLA research in reader-friendly prose.
The new edition of this classic text, used by teacher-education programs worldwide, reflects the most recent themes in SLA research, updated references, and a summation of current issues and perspectives. The text is available in print and eText formats.
- New opening vignettes connect chapter topics to language learners’ stories.
- Expanded Classroom Connections section provides more opportunities to link research findings to teaching implications.
- Updated activities and discussion questions for practicing instrctuctors and teachers in training.
- End-of-chapter supplementary readings, journal-writing guidelines, activities, and discussion questions.
- Bibliography with quick access to important works in the field.
- Concise glossary of key terminology.